Eqvalan Duo Horse Wormer
Eqvalan Duo is one of the leading wormer especially developed for horses. It combines the power of Eqvalan with tapeworm control. It has been licensed to treat more worm species than any other wormer for horses. It comes in an oral paste form which makes it very easy to administer. It is safe to be administered to pregnant mares after first three months of gestation, lactating mares and foals at least two months of age. It aids in treating hairworms, roundworms, intestinal threadworms, bots, large-mouth stomach worms, pinworms, neck threadworms, lungworms, large redworms, small redworms and tapeworms in horses.
How does it work?
Ivermectin and Praziquantel are the two active ingredients present in this treatment. Ivermectin is a broad-spectrum anthelmintic agent that is effect against parasitic worms. It is also effective against other worm infestations. Praziquantel is effective against worms. Both these ingredients cause contraction of worms which results in the worms to become paralyzed in the contracted state. Then they dying parasites are dislodged from the site of action in horses and may enter systematic circulation or may be destroyed by the host immune system. Thus, both these ingredients result in effective tapeworm control along with treatment of other worm species in horses.
Kindly note that as Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- Controls bots in horses
- Easy to administer due to its palatable taste
- Prevents different worm infestations
- Safe to be administered in pregnant mares after the first three months of gestation along with lactating mares and foals
- Treats tapeworms in horses
- For oral administration only.
- Hold the plunger and turn the knurled ring on the plunger ¼ turn to the left and slide it so the stop ring is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by turning ¼ turn to the right in order to bring the two arrows, the one visible on the ring and the one on the plunger rod into alignment.
- Ensure that the horse's mouth does not contain any feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the mouth of the horse at the inter-dental space and deposit the paste on the base of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing and ensure that the paste is consumed.
- For further instructions on administration of the product, see the product label or contact your veterinarian.
- The recommended dose is 1.29g of paste per 100kg bodyweight in a single treatment.
- Bodyweight and dosage should be accurately determined prior to treatment. The contents of one syringe will treat horses up to 600kg.
- Calibrated markings are provided at 100kg bodyweight intervals.
- The syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the appropriate place on the plunger. Parasite control program Veterinary advice should be sought on appropriate dosing programs and stock management to achieve adequate parasite control for both tapeworm and roundworm infestations.
- After administering the treatment wash your hands properly with soap and water.
- Never smoke, eat or drink while handling the product.
- Strictly for horse treatment only and no other animal species.
- This product is known to cause skin and eye irritation in human beings. Hence, avoid contact of the product with skin and the eyes. In case of an accidental contact, rinse the affected area with plenty of water.
- This treatment is not recommended in foals younger than 2 months of age or in stallions.
- This product is not to be ingested by human beings. In case of accidental ingestion, seek medical advice instantly by showing the package insert or the label to the physician.
- This treatment should not be administered in mares producing milk for human consumption.
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredient||Ivermectin, Praziquantel|
|Manufacturer||Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim|
Perfect wormer for tapeworm infections in our racing horses.
No more tapeworm infections recurring in our barn after regular treatments.
The couple of times a year that I use this product are the easiest wormings I have.
good stuff at great prices
quite effective, love it for its results