Activyl Flea and Tick for Cats
Activyl is a monthly spot-on flea treatment for all breeds of cats. The fast acting, waterproof treatment kills adult fleas and destroys flea life cycle through the bio-activation process. Easy to administer, the fragrance free topical treatment starts killing parasites within 8 hours of application. It provides absolute protection against fleas and remains effective even when exposed to sun.
How it works?
Manufactured by Merck, Activyl is a highly effective flea prevention and control treatment that contains indoxacarb as the active ingredient. It kills fleas and destroys the flea life cycle through a unique process called bio-activation. When applied, activyl remains stored in the lipid layer of the pet’s skin. When the flea bites the pet, it absorbs the active ingredient indoxacarb.
The unique property of indoxacarb is that it is fully activated by the enzymes present in the fleas. Once it is fully activated, it damages the central nervous system of the flea leaving her paralyzed and dead at the end. The fast acting, odor free treatment starts killing fleas within 8 hours of application and remains effective for an entire month.
Being waterproof, it stays on the pet’s body even after bathing, swimming or prolonged exposure to sun.
Activyl for cats is available in two packs:
- Spot On for cats and kittens – Orange pack for felines with body weight between 2-9 lbs.
- Spot On for cats – Purple pack for felines that weigh over 9 lbs.
Choose the pack in accordance with your pet’s weight. Check the dosage table for details.
For application, let the cat be in a relaxed position. Part her fur at a spot on the base of the skull to see bare skin.
Place the tip of the open applicator onto the skin and squeeze out the entire content. Let the applied area be completely dry.
||Activyl spot-on solution for cats and kittens
||0.51 ml/0.02 fl oz
||Activyl spot-on solution for cats
||1.03 ml/0.03 fl oz
- Do not use on puppies, dogs or pets of other species.
- Do not use on kittens that are younger than 8 weeks of age and weigh less than 2 lbs.
- Use only once a month.
- Do not use on pets allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Keep away from your eyes and skin. If it enters accidentally enters the eyes then rinse with lots of water.
- It becomes completely water resistant after 24 hours. So, bathe the pet only after 24 to 48 hours of application.
- Consult a veterinarian before using it on pregnant, nursing, debilitated and aging cats.
There are no known contraindications of Activyl for cats.