Advantage Flea Treatment For Dogs
Advantage for Dogs is a monthly application that kills and controls fleas and lice on dogs. The effective treatment takes just 12 hours to destroy 98-100% of existing fleas. The topical treatment also eradicates fleas found in the surroundings.
How does it work?
A Bayer product, Advantage for Dogs is an efficient flea prevention and control treatment for all breeds of dogs. This scientific formulation with Imidacloprid as the active ingredient kills adult fleas. With a continuous action for four consecutive weeks, Advantage eradicates fleas found in the environment.
The waterproof treatment remains effective even after the pet gets wet. Safe for all breeds of dogs, the treatment protects your dog from several flea and lice borne diseases. It is also an ideal treatment for reducing Flea Allergy Dermatitis(FAD) incidences.
Download User Information
Advantage for dogs is available in four separate color-coded packs:
- For puppies and small dogs – Green pack (weight range 1-10lbs)
- For medium sized dogs – Aqua pack (weight range 11-20 lbs)
- For large dogs – Red pack (weight range 21-55 lbs)
- For extra large dogs – Blue pack (weight over 55 lbs)
Steps for application:
Step1: Make the pet stand in a comfortable position. Separate fur at a spot between the shoulder blades.
Step2: Invert the open tube such that the open tip touches the bare skin spot. Squeeze the content on this spot.
Step3: Large-sized dogs need application at 4-5 spots over the backbone. Start at the base of the skull and move towards the tail.
Let the application site be completely dry. Do not touch or groom the pet until it is completely dry. Consult a vet for further guidance.
|Extra large dogs
Note: Consult your vet for treating pregnant, breeding and lactating dogs. Also, check with him if your pet is sick or convalescing.
- Not to be used for puppies younger than 8 weeks of age.
- Not recommended for any other species of pets.
- Must not be accessible to pets and children.
- To be stored in cooler temperatures (below 30 degrees).
- Cleaning and sterilizing hands after treatment is important.
- On observing any adverse reactions in sensitive pets, just contact the vet at the earliest.
- Human ingestion is toxic and needs assistance from poison control center.
There are no known contraindications of Advantage for dogs.