Bravecto Chewable Flea & Tick Treatment for Dogs
Bravecto is a powerful chewable treatment that protects dogs from fleas and ticks for up to 12 weeks. One soft Bravecto chew offers broad-spectrum and long-lasting protection to dogs by eliminating current flea infestations, killing adult fleas (Ctenocephalides felis), and preventing new ones from developing for 12 weeks. Bravecto chews also protect dogs against 4 tick species. It controls the black-legged tick (Ixodes scapularis), American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis), and brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus) for 12 weeks. It also controls lone star ticks (Ambylomma americanum) for 8 weeks. This effective oral flea and tick treatment is easier to give as it comes as a flavored soft chew loved by all dogs.
How does Bravecto Chews work?
Bravecto is a product from Merck that contains fluralaner as the active ingredient. After dosing a Bravecto Chew to your dog, the fluralaner quickly reaches tissue fluids under its skin. When fleas and ticks feed on your dog, they ingest fluralaner and die.
“BRAVECTO protects your dog nearly 3 times longer than any monthly treatment.”
We recommend consulting your vet before buying this product. Bravecto has not been shown to be effective for 12-weeks duration in puppies or kittens younger than 6 months of age.
- Easy to administer oral treatment
- Offers three times long-lasting protection against flea and tick infestations than monthly treatments
- Provides round the year protection with only 4 doses
- Starts working within 2 hours of administration
- Kills fleas and four species of ticks
- Aids in the treatment of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
- No messy applications like spot-ons
- Highly palatable flavor loved by dogs
- No need to isolate treated dog as with spot-on
Bravecto Chews Dosage for Dogs:
- Choose the relevant color-coded pack of Bravecto chews according to the weight of your dog.
- Dose one chew at an interval of 12 weeks.
- Check the dosage table for details.
- Dose the chew directly into your dog’s mouth or mix it with the food.
Bravecto Chews Dosage for Dogs/Puppies (6 months of age or older):
|Dog Weight (lbs)||Pack Color||No. of Dosage||Fluralaner content (mg)|
|4.4-9.9 lbs||Bravecto Yellow||Administer one chew||112.5 mg|
|9.9-22 lbs||Bravecto Orange||Administer one chew||250 mg|
|22-44 lbs||Bravecto Green||Administer one chew||500 mg|
|44-88 lbs||Bravecto Blue||Administer one chew||1000 mg|
|88-123 lbs||Bravecto Pink||Administer one chew||1400 mg|
|Over 123 lbs||Give appropriate combination of chews|
Bravecto Safety Measures:
- Do not store above 86°F temperature.
- Read the instructions carefully before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while administering the treatment.
- Wash hands after administration.
- Human consumption may be toxic.
- Consult your vet immediately if you observe any adverse reactions in your pet.
- Consult your vet before starting the treatment.
- Do not administer to dogs having a medical history of seizures, ataxia, and muscle tremors without your vet's consent.
|Breed Size||Extra Small(Toy), Small, Medium, Large & X-Large Dogs|
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Effective For||External Parasites (Fleas, Ticks)|
|Brand Name||Bravecto chews for Dogs|
Is Bravecto safe for dogs?
Scientific results show that Bravecto provides long-lasting efficacy as well as suitable for dogs providing multiple benefits. Bravecto chew helps to prevent dangerous parasite infestations with fleas, ticks, and mites.
How is Bravecto different from other chewable or topical flea and tick treatments?
Bravecto is a unique Fluralaner formulation. One Bravecto chew provides thrice more protection than any other monthly chewable or topical treatment.
Will Bravecto kill fleas and ticks that are already there on my dog?
Yes. Bravecto kills 98.7% of existing fleas within 24 hours of administration and prevents further flea and tick infestations for 12 weeks. Bravecto also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks.
How quickly does Bravecto work?
Bravecto starts killing fleas within 2 hours of administration and ticks within 12 hours.
Do Bravecto chew tablets contain wheat or gluten?
No, Bravecto does not contain wheat or gluten.
Does water, grooming, or hair length affect how Bravecto chews work?
Bravecto should not be affected by bathing, shampooing, or swimming. The length of your coat or brushing it should also have no impact on how well it functions.
Can Bravecto be used in collies?
Bravecto has been demonstrated to be safe in Collies in research done in a well-controlled laboratory.
Can I use Bravecto all year-round?
Yes, Bravecto can be used all year round. Fleas and ticks can be a year-round issue, both indoors and outdoors. Applying Bravecto at a regular interval of every three months ensures that your dog is flea-free all year.
What pack sizes does Bravecto come in?
Bravecto comes in 5 different pack sizes ranging from 4.4 lbs to 123 lbs.
What time of day should I give my dog Bravecto?
You can give Bravecto to your dog any time of the day; however, it is recommended that you administer Bravecto at or around the time of feeding.
Still Have Questions? – Please email us your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.
It worksIt works well. Have bought from Canada Vet Express for years. Never an issue.
Outstanding Result!Used for the first time and got great results. Will buy this again for sure.
Very pleased with the productGreat company to get flea meds from.