Comfortis Flea Control for Dogs
Comfortis is a perfect solution for heavy flea infestations in dogs. Recommended for prevention and treatment of flea infestations, these beef flavored tablets kill fleas within half an hour of administration. Lasting for 30 days, Comfortis provides long-lasting protection against fleas. It also aids in the prevention of flea allergy dermatitis.
How does it work?
The active ingredient Spinosad in Comfortis destroys fleas and prevents future flea infestation in dogs. This eco-friendly component directly attacks the nervous system of the fleas resulting in paralysis and eventually death. Comfortis kills fleas and protects dogs from harmful flea infestation. This monthly chewable tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes and removes fleas completely.
This oral treatment lasts for the whole month giving protection to your pet. Suitable for puppies as young as 14 weeks, Comfortis is safe for all breeds of dogs.
- An active flea treatment for easy and quick oral administration
- The fast acting formula starts working within 30 minutes of intake
- It kills 100% fleas and prevents flea infestation
- Comfortis is specially designed to kill adult fleas preventing flea multiplication
- Highly effective when combined with tick or intestinal worm treatment
- No side effects on pets and environment
- This oral treatment is easy to administer compared to topical treatment
- Comfortis for dogs is available in five different colored packs according to the size of dog.
- Weigh your dog first before choosing the appropriate pack.
- Comfortis is a chewable tablet so can be given to your pet as a treat prior to feeding.
- Put directly into the mouth or mix it with pet’s food and ensure entire meal is eaten up.
- Fasting is not necessary for administering Comfortis to your pet.
- Administer Comfortis orally to your dog once a month for total protection from fleas.
Dosage and Administration:
Standard dosage schedule:
|Body Weight||Spinosad Per Tablet (mg)||Tablets Administered|
|5 to 10 lbs||140||One tablet as a single dose|
|10.1 to 20 lbs||270||One tablet as a single dose|
|20.1 to 40 lbs||560||One tablet as a single dose|
|40.1 to 60 lbs||810||One tablet as a single dose|
|60.1 to 120* lbs||1620||One tablet as a single dose|
For canines over 120 lbs, administer the appropriate combination of tablets.
- Keep out of reach of pets and children
- Store it at temperature between 68-77 °F and away from edible items.
- Wash hands before and after administering the chewable.
- Avoid combining Comfortis with treatment having Ivermectin as an ingredient. This induces some side effects in sensitive dogs.
- Not safe for puppies less than 14 weeks of age.
- For pregnant and lactating dogs, consult your veterinarian.
- For epileptic or breeding dogs, take advice from your vet.
When can I start giving Comfortis to my pet?
Comfortis treatment can be given any time of the year. Best practice is to start a month before the flea season and then continue until the end of flea season. In heavily infested areas, continue the treatment for an entire year without interrupting the monthly dosage. If you have more than one pet then treat all of them with relevant flea treatments. This will rule out chances of infestations.
Are there any vet considerations before starting Comfortis chewable tablets?
You must consult your vet to check the sensitivity of your pet towards any of the ingredients of the tablet. This will help in preventing any adverse reactions. Vet advice is a must before starting any pet treatment. Ask for his advice if you are planning to breed your pet. Also, confirm the usage of tablets if your pet has a history of epilepsy or seizures.
What is the best way to administer Comfortis?
Being an oral tablet, it is best to give comfortis with food. You can give it after food or along with it. If possible then repeat every month on the same date. If vomiting occurs within one hour of administration then re-dose with another full tablet.
On missing a dose, start the tablets from the day when you remember. Administer it with the meal and resume the monthly schedule from there onwards. In case of overdose, consult a vet immediately.
What are the side effects of Comfortis?
Although side effects are very rare, they might occur to hypersensitive pets. Vomiting is a common side effect but has a transient effect with no need of symptomatic treatment. Apart from that lethargy, diarrhea, increased thirst, excessive salivation, skin inflammation, cough and hyperactivity are other side effects. Consult your vet if any of these or other abnormal behavior is observed.
Can I club Comfortis with other treatments?
Not without the advice of your vet.
|Mode of administration||Oral|
Harmful parasite infestations are removed with Comfortis' help.
Comfortis is an actually good treatment.
This treatment starts working very quickly. love it
nothing is safe for our fur babies and this only seems to be safe for them
I will be buying again as it just works great on our three labs,