Advantage Multi (Advocate) for Dogs
Advantage Multi for Dogs - Dog Heartworm Control
Advantage Multi for dogs is a broad-spectrum treatment for a wide range of parasites including fleas, heartworms, intestinal worms, ear mites, demodicosis, sarcoptic mange and chewing lice. It is a monthly topical solution that kills around 98-100% fleas within 12 hours. It also reduces Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) and is an ideal treatment for various internal and external parasites.How does it work?
Manufactured by Bayer, Advantage Multi is a highly potent broad spectrum anthelmintic for destroying fleas, heartworms, roundworm, hookworm, whipworm, tapeworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mange and biting lice. The once-a-month spot on application provides all round protection to all breeds of puppies and dogs.
Imidacloprid and Moxidectin are the active ingredients that attack neurotransmitters of the parasites. This paralyses the pests and kills them eventually. It treats canines for heartworm infections as well.
- Easy to apply topical solution.
- Broad-spectrum treatment for multiple parasites.
- Kills adult fleas and eliminates flea larvae.
- Kills 98-100% fleas within 12 hours.
- Effective treatment for heartworm infection.
- Kills and controls ear mites and biting lice.
- Treats sarcoptic mange.
Categorized by dog weight, Advocate (Advantage Multi) is available in four different color-coded packs:
- Green pack – small dogs (3-9 lbs)
- Aqua pack – Medium dogs (9.1-20 lbs)
- Red pack – Large dogs (20.1-55 lbs)
- Blue pack – Extra large dogs (55.1-88 lbs)
Weigh your pet and choose the relevant pack.
Step1: Let the pet stand in a comfortable position. Create a bare skin spot between the shoulder blades by parting the fur.
Step2: Put the tip of the open pipette on the skin spot and press out the content until the pipette is empty.
Step3: For larger dogs, apply at 3-4 spots. Start from the spot between the shoulder blades and move across the backbone.
The application site must be completely dry. Pet should not lick or groom the site. Consult vet before treating pregnant and nursing dogs.
- Do not administer Advantage Multi to puppies younger than 7 weeks of age.
- Do not give to pets allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Children and other pets should not touch or groom the treated pet until the application site is dry.
- Do not let the pet lick the application site.
- While applying, make sure you keep the pipette away from the pet’s eyes and face.
- Wear gloves while treating the pet. After the treatment, wash hands and exposed skin with soap and lots of water.
- Consult a vet before treating sick and weak pets.
- Ask a vet before clubbing Advantage Multi with any other antiparasitic treatment.
- There are no known condraindications of Advantage Multi (Advocate) on dogs.
Warning:Dogs of some breeds like collies including border collies are sensitive to moxidectin. They can suffer more or less serious adverse effects if treated at dose rates slightly higher than the recommended ones. Consequently, dosing must be as accurate as possible.
|Target species||7 weeks and older puppies and dogs|
|Mode of administration||Topical|
|Active Ingredient||Imidacloprid, Moxidectin|
|Brand Name||Advantage Multi|
What Does Advantage Multi For Dogs Treat?
Advantage Multi (Advocate) prevents heartworm infections and treats heartworm larvae, kills fleas, and treats intestinal worms including roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. It also has the efficacy to treat sarcoptic mange.
How does Advantage Multi work to kill fleas?
Advantage Multi (Advocate) is applied to your dog’s skin. The solution, applied at a spot, spreads over your dog’s body to kill fleas through contact so they don’t have to bite your dog to die.
How Long Does Advantage Multi For Dogs Last?
Advantage Multi lasts for one full month. It should be given every month year-round for complete prevention against heartworm and fleas.
Is Advantage Multi Safe For Heartworm Positive Dogs?
It is not recommended to treat heartworm positive dogs with Advantage Multi without your vet’s consultation. It is advisable to check with the vet first for proper diagnosis and then continue the treatment, once the vet approves.
Can Advantage Multi For Dogs Be Used On Cats?
It is not recommended to use Advantage Multi for Dogs to be used in cats. It is advised only to buy products for cats that are specifically labeled for them. The products made for dogs can be very harmful and even toxic to cats.
Still Have Questions? – Please email us your queries at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
Works for AllIts a wonderful product that works for all the annoyinig parasites and has no side effects as well.
Awesome customer serviceWonderful
MsExcellent product and have used for many years on dogs and cats. Just wish CanadaVetExpress would carry the largest size for the dogs. :-( Great company! Good selection of product and service is fast and friendly!
Best source for this productOver 10 years of great service.