Pet parenting is a huge responsibility. In this era of “All work and no play”, people barely get time to spend with their family and if you have a pet, then it becomes even more difficult to balance the hectic schedule. Amidst these responsibilities, pet owners often doubt their parenting skills and land up demotivated.
But, we know that having a pet means you love animals and for that love, there is no space for doubts. You are an awesome pet parent, you just need an assurance. Check the following 5 signs which will prove that yes, you are doing a great job raising that pet of yours.
If you are really a great pet parent, you must be doing all the following things.
- You never miss on visiting the vet for regular checkups, annual vaccinations, dental cleanings and whenever they are sick. Your pets cannot speak up when in pain. It is our duty to keep an eye on their health from time to time.
- You never compromise on your pooch’s hygiene. Timely bathing and grooming regularly are always met with their needful schedule. Apart from this, you are observant too. Able to see the difference in your pet’s water and food intake is equal to seeing your pet getting sick. If you are able to do this, pat yourself. It’s great work!
- You are not at all abusive and understand that your pet needs 20+ hours of rest. Your routine tires them to the core and in your absence, all your pet does is catching up with this sleep.
- Everything that you choose for the pet, like treats, bed, crate, toys, etc. are the best and your pets love them. You are not one of those who give a toy to their pet and forget that he exists. You take time out from your hectic schedule and walk him regularly. You stimulate his physical and mental health to ensure his overall optimal health.
- If you do this, consider all your mistakes undone! The prime hint of you being an awesome pet parent is that you shower your love and hugs to them whenever they demand. You snuggle and cuddle, talk to them and make them feel alive.
Are your doubts cleared? If you are doing all of the above things, then maybe no one can beat you on this. If not, there is always room for improvement!