Frontline Plus for Dogs
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs
For flea and tick treatment, Frontline Plus is an excellent option. This topical solution kills fleas, ticks, and its various life stages protecting dogs from harmful flea infestation. Enriched with long-lasting capacity, Frontline Plus safeguards canines for the whole month. The quick action kills fleas within 12 hours of application and ticks within 48 hours of application. The waterproof property makes the flea treatment work effectively even when dogs go for swimming or bathing.
How does it work?
One of the top-selling products from Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim, Frontline Plus for Dogs is a long-lasting flea treatment for canines. This monthly spot-on controls and prevents flea and tick infestations protecting the pet for the whole month.
Frontline Plus contains two key ingredients fipronil and (s)-methoprene that works collectively to protect dogs from harmful flea and tick infection.
The active ingredient fipronil kills adult fleas continuously for the whole month. Fipronil gets collected on the hair follicles and oils of the skin, and is being released constantly from hair follicles onto the skin and coat. This results in flea and tick protection killing those external parasites.
The other ingredient (S)-methoprene acts as insect-growth regulator. This chemical interrupts in the life cycle of insects, and completely eradicates the parasites. This insect growth regulator never allows flea eggs or flea larvae to transform into adult fleas and further stops their reproduction process. This flea and tick treatment attacks all life stages of fleas and ticks to protect dogs from future parasitic infestation. Works best on all breeds of dogs, Frontline Plus for Dogs is also suitable for pregnant and lactating bitches.
Kindly note that as Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
Frontline Spray is an effective flea and tick control spray for puppies, kittens, dogs, and cats from 2 days of age. This treatment aids in treating and preventing flea infestation. It even aids in controlling flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) in dogs and cats. It provides comprehensive protection against fleas for 3 full months and ticks including paralysis ticks for a maximum of 3 weeks. It is very easy to administer in dogs and cats. It is effective against existing flea and tick infestations. More Info on Frontline Spray.
- Frontline Plus is a fast-acting topical solution for treating fleas and ticks.
- It’s a long lasting flea and tick protection for dogs.
- The flea treatment works instantly killing 100% of adult fleas and ticks within 12-48 hours of application.
- With its waterproof property, it works effectively even if the pets go for bathing or swimming.
- This spot-on solution kills fleas, chewing lice and ticks including American dog ticks, lone star ticks and deer ticks.
- Frontline Plus with its advanced formula kills all life stages of fleas and ticks.
- Due to its lasting effect, the flea treatment works marvelously for the whole four weeks.
- Working for the whole month, it prevents flea and tick re-infestation.
- The unique formula of this spot-on protects dogs against skin condition Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
- Before administering Frontline Plus weigh dog to select the package.
- Buy the correct pack according to your dog’s bodyweight.
- Allow your dog to be in standing position in order to apply this topical solution.
- Part fur between the shoulder blades on the back of your pet to locate a visible spot.
- Break the top indicated seal after removing pipette from the pack.
- Place the tip of the container on the located spot and squeeze out the content slowly.
- Empty the entire content at the visible skin such that it does not touch hair.
- Do not allow your dog to lick the freshly applied content.
- Do not allow other pets to groom with the treated pet.
- One single spot is enough for small and medium size dogs.
- For large and extra large dogs, apply at 4 to 5 spots starting from the neck until the base of the tail.
- Frontline Plus is also effective for pregnant and nursing bitches.
- For debilitated, senior and pets on other medications, take advice from a vet.
Dosage as per dog size:
|Color Code (pack color)||Dog Size||Dose||Active Ingredients|
|Orange||0-22 lbs||0.67 ml||Fipronil – 9.8%||(S)-methoprene – 8.8%|
|Blue||23-44 lbs||1.34 ml||Fipronil – 9.8%||(S)-methoprene – 8.8%|
|Purple||45-88 lbs||2.68 ml||Fipronil – 9.8%||(S)-methoprene – 8.8%|
|Red||89-132 lbs||4.02 ml||Fipronil – 9.8%||(S)-methoprene – 8.8%|
- Frontline Plus is recommended for puppies of 8 weeks and older.
- Frontline Plus for Dogs is not for felines.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from children and pets.
- Do not place near direct flame or heat.
- Wash your hands after treatment.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes. In case of entering into the eyes, wash them immediately with running water.
- Talk to your vet before treating injured or debilitated dogs.
- In case of swallowing, immediately contact poison control center or visit a vet.
|Mode of administration||Topical|
|Manufacturer||Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim|
|Brand Name||Frontline Plus|
Frontline PlusRated #1 & treats a lot of things.
EffectiveI appreciate being able to afford this product from Canadavetexpress. Thank you.