Milbemax Cat Worming Tablet
For the treatment of gastrointestinal worms such as roundworm, tapeworm and hookworm, Milbemax for cats is effective. This monthly dosage also prevents heartworm infection in felines. This palatable beef-flavored tablet is easy to administer without any hassle of topical application. Effective in controlling immature and adult intestinal worms, Milbemax also provides complete protection against heartworms.
How does it work?
A product from Novartis / Elanco, Milbemax for cats is a monthly heartworm preventive. This flavor-coated tablet is an excellent prevention method for heartworms and treatment for gastrointestinal worms. The active ingredients Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel work in combination to control heartworm infection and prevent intestinal worms. The scientific proven formula control parasitic infections due to adult stage of tapeworms, hookworms and roundworms. It is suitable for all sizes and breeds of cats including breeding toms, and pregnant and lactating queens.
Kindly note that as Novartis is now part of Elanco, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- Milbemax is an ultimate dewormer that prevents heartworm infection in cats.
- This excellent broad-spectrum anthelmintic drug treats roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms including heartworm.
- The beef-flavored tablet is easy to administer treat for cats.
- This oral treatment provides total protection against heartworms.
- One Milbemax tablet should be given in a single dose.
- Either mix it with food or administer it directly into the mouth after meals for easy digestion.
- Administer once a month on the same day.
- The standard recommended dose of 2 mg/kg of milbemycin oxime, and 5 mg/kg of praziquantel per kilogram.
- For cats weighing over 8 kg, administer the appropriate combination of tablets.
Dosage of Milbemax depends on the bodyweight of cat
|Bodyweight||For Small Cats and Kittens||For Adult Cats|
|0.5 – 1 kg||½ tablet|
|1 – 2 kg||1 tablet|
|2 – 4 kg||½ tablet|
|4 – 8 kg||1 tablet|
|8 – 12 kg||1 ½ tablets|
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Do not administer Milbemax to cats less than 2 kg bodyweight and kitten less than 6 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5kg.
- Strictly avoid these tablets for kittens less than 6 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5kg. Also, avoid in cats weighing less than 2 kg.
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredients||Milbemycin oxime and Praziquantel|
|Manufacturer||Novartis / Elanco|
Amazing ProductI think this is my finest choice up till now for my furry little friend. Works amazingly well with my buddy.
Milbemax for catsGreat price works good
Effective ProductGreat solution to keep those heartworms at bay. Protects effectively.
Works WellAn effective product to control heartworm and other harmful worms. Would strongly recommend this.