Sentinel Heartworm Prevention for Dogs
Sentinel flavored tablets are tasty beef flavored chews for preventing heartworms. They are also used for killing and controlling fleas, roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms. The oral treatment saves the pet from several parasite borne diseases. It can be administered to all breeds of puppies and dogs.
How it works?
A Novartis / Elanco product, Sentinel are flavored tablets for preventing heartworm infection and for treating fleas and gastrointestinal worms. The beef flavored tablets contains Lufenuron, an Insect Development Inhibitor (IDI) that destroys the larval stages of heartworm, fleas and other parasites. It prevents re-infestation by killing the immature life stages of fleas and heartworms.
The powerful treatment remains active for four consecutive weeks. The tasty chews can be administered to puppies and adult dogs and is safe for pregnant female dogs.
Kindly note that as Novartis is now part of Elanco, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- Single treatment for a wide range of parasites.
- Easy to administer oral treatment for treating fleas and intestinal worms.
- Prevents heartworm infections.
- Saves the pet from parasite borne diseases.
- Lufenuron shows zero toxicity to mammals and thus is very safe to use for all breeds of dogs.
You can start Sentinel treatment once the existing heartworm infection test is negative.
Choose the appropriate Sentinel pack out of four different packs categorized as per the weight of the pet. Refer the Dosage table for details.
Give the beef flavored oral treatment once a month along with the meal. The pet will take these tasty chews as a treat.
If not then break it into pieces and mix with the pet’s food. Make sure the pet finishes the meal to ensure ingestion of full dosage.
Repeat every month, preferably on the same date. Give the tablets to breeding dogs and pregnant females at the time of mating, prior to whelping and then repeat at every month.
Consult a vet for further details and guidance.
|Dog weight||Dog size||Pack color|
|2-10 lbs||Very Small||Brown|
- Do not administer to pets younger than 8 weeks of age.
- Consult a vet before starting the treatment. Get your pet tested for an existing heartworm infection. If the test is positive and you still administer Sentinel then there are chances of occurrence of a mild, transient reaction.
- If the test is negative then it is safe to give Sentinel tablets to the pet.
- Side effects like vomiting, diarrhea, pruritus, lethargy and depression may occur to sensitive pets. In such cases, it is advisable to contact a vet at the earliest.
- Consult a vet before and after the treatment.
- Do not use on dogs younger than 8 weeks of age.
|Target species||8 weeks and older puppies and dogs|
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredient||Milbemycin Oxime, Lufenuron|
|Manufacturer||Novartis / Elanco|
This was given to one of my previous dogs. This has been used by my new 8-year-old dog her entire life. This product has longstanding experience and is extremely dependable.
Finally, I found a pocket-friendly store to purchase all my pet supplies at amazing discounted rates.
Best and affordable treatment for dogs. We are using this for months, it does works well!
I don’t any other product could worked better than this. Go for it!
Using for years, it always worked. Continuously protects dogs against heartworm disease and other intestinal worms.