Advantage Flea Treatment For Cats
Advantage for cats is a rapid acting, once a month application for all breeds of cats. An effective treatment, it kills 100% existing fleas within 12 hours of application. Being waterproof, it retains its flea removal and control process even after the pet gets wet.
How it works?
Advantage for cats is a monthly flea control treatment manufactured by Bayer. Very fast in its action, it kills adult fleas within 12 hours of use. Imidacloprid, the active ingredient kills fleas found over the pet’s body. It destroys the parasites through contact thus saving the pet from painful fleabites.
It remains active for four weeks and thus provides monthly protection against flea infestations. The highly effective treatment stops fleabites within 3-5 minutes. The easy to administer topical treatment is suitable for all breeds of cats.
Download User Information
Advantage is available in two different packs categorized by the weight of the cat.
- Advantage kittens and small cats – for pets weighing between 1-9 lbs
- Advantage cats – for pets that weigh over 9 lbs
- Choose the pack relevant to your pet’s weight. Check dosage table for details.
- Application: Being a spot-on treatment, Advantage for cats need to be applied at the base of the skull.
- Part the fur at the base of the cat’s skull to create a bare skin spot. Place the tip of open tube on this spot and squeeze out the entire content.
- Allow the spot to be completely dry. Repeat on a monthly basis.
||Advantage kittens and small cats
Note: It is safe for breeding, pregnant and lactating cats. Take vet advice before treating sick or convalescing pets.
- Keep away from children, pets and food items.
- Do not use on any species other than cats.
- Do not use on kittens that are younger than 8 weeks of age.
- Do not use on pets that are allergic on any of the ingredients of the treatment.
- Do not allow other pets and children groom or play with the treated pet.
- Consult a veterinarian on observing any signs of allergic reaction like sore skin, vomiting, lethary etc.
- Store in cool, dry place.
There are no known contraindications of Advantage for cats.