Prac-tic Spot On for Dogs
Pract-tic is a spot on solution that is given to dogs in the form of spot on pre-filled pipettes. It assists in killing parasites that reside on the skin or in the fur of animals like fleas and ticks. It is used to treat and prevent flea and tick infestation in dogs. It remains effective for at least a month after application. This product is recommended for dogs at least 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 4 lbs. This spot on treatment ensures that tick infestations like Amblyomma americanum, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus are days of the past. It is available in the 3 or 6 pipettes. It also aids in treating and controlling Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs.
How it works?
Pyriprole is the active ingredient present in Prac-tic. It interacts with the receptor involved in transmitting neural impulses. It interferes with the nervous system of fleas and ticks resulting in death of these parasites. The USP of this active ingredient is that adult fleas are killed before they have a chance of laying eggs thus it prevents flea population thereby breaking the flea lifecycle.
Kindly note that as Novartis is now part of Elanco, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- A monthly tick protection treatment
- Completely waterproof property ensures that the treatment remains effective even during rains and while swimming
- Gets rid of 99% ticks within 2 days of administration
- Kills 100% fleas within a day of administration
- Prevents fleas on dogs
- Protects against new infestations of fleas for a month along with treatment and prevention of ticks
- Recommended for dogs from 8 weeks of age and bodyweight of more than 4 lbs.
- Take out the pipette from the pack.
- Grasp it in an erect position.
- Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure that the contents are present within the body.
- Break the top of the snap-off along the scored line.
- Divide the coat of the dog's neck between the shoulder blades in such a way that you can see the skin.
- Keep the pipette's tip on the skin and compress it softly several times on a single spot if you have a small dog. For medium and large dogs, multiple spots need to be applied thereby emptying the contents on the skin.
- For large dogs, apply 5 ml pipette to 2-3 spots from the back line in order to stop run-off.
- Do not allow excessive wetting of the hair with the product as it can result in a dogged appearance of the hair at the treatment spot. But rest assured that it will disappear within 24 hours of administration.
Dosage and Administration
Weigh the dog properly before selecting the most appropriate pipette size for best results.
- Children and other pets should not be allowed to get near the product for safety reasons
- Do not bathe or shampoo the pet for two days before administering the treatment
- If your doggy is hypersensitive to the active ingredient present in the treatment do not administer it on him
- Keep the product in an area where there is no direct exposure to sunlight
- Not recommended for dogs younger than 8 weeks of age and bodyweight less than 4 lbs.
- Read the manufacturer's instructions properly before administering the treatment
- Sick or convalescing dogs should not be administered this treatment
- Swiftly dispose off the empty pipettes
- The dog's eyes should not be in contact with the treatment. In case if the treatment goes into the eyes then rinse them with running water
- While administering the treatment do not eat, drink or smoke
- This treatment is only on dogs. If administered on cats it can cause overdosing
- Not recommended for rabbits
- No prior evaluation has been done of the treatment on breeding dogs, during pregnancy or undergoing lactation period
|Mode of administration||Topical|
|Manufacturer||Novartis / Elanco|
quite a product with great results, wanna stock for a yer
Thank you for the timely delivery. My dog has recoved well
No more scratching due to flea bites. keeps away those fleas.
having used for a year, would say it's the best. would continue with it
I TRIED OTHERS BUT THIS COMES OUT TO BE BETTER CHOICE.