Prac-tic Spot On for Dogs
Pract-tic is a spot on solution that is given to dogs in the form of spot on pre-filled pipettes. It assists in killing parasites that reside on the skin or in the fur of animals like fleas and ticks. It is used to treat and prevent flea and tick infestation in dogs. It remains effective for at least a month after application. This product is recommended for dogs at least 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 4 lbs. This spot on treatment ensures that tick infestations like Amblyomma americanum, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus are days of the past. It is available in the 3 or 6 pipettes. It also aids in treating and controlling Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) in dogs.
How it works?
Pyriprole is the active ingredient present in Prac-tic. It interacts with the receptor involved in transmitting neural impulses. It interferes with the nervous system of fleas and ticks resulting in death of these parasites. The USP of this active ingredient is that adult fleas are killed before they have a chance of laying eggs thus it prevents flea population thereby breaking the flea lifecycle.
- Take out the pipette from the pack.
- Grasp it in an erect position.
- Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure that the contents are present within the body.
- Break the top of the snap-off along the scored line.
- Divide the coat of the dog's neck between the shoulder blades in such a way that you can see the skin.
- Keep the pipette's tip on the skin and compress it softly several times on a single spot if you have a small dog. For medium and large dogs, multiple spots need to be applied thereby emptying the contents on the skin.
- For large dogs, apply 5 ml pipette to 2-3 spots from the back line in order to stop run-off.
- Do not allow excessive wetting of the hair with the product as it can result in a dogged appearance of the hair at the treatment spot. But rest assured that it will disappear within 24 hours of administration.
Dosage and Administration
Weigh the dog properly before selecting the most appropriate pipette size for best results.