Stronghold Flea Treatment for Dogs
Stronghold for Dogs is a monthly flea treatment that effectively erases adult fleas, eggs and larvae. Apart from this, Stronghold prevents heartworm and is very useful in eliminating adult roundworms. It can also be used to treat sarcoptic mange, biting lice, and ear mites as well. Stronghold effectively controls the infestation of existing fleas and is also used as a highly effective strategy for flea allergy dermatitis.
How does it work?
Stronghold contains an active ingredient called Selamectin which is a topical parasiticide and anthelminthic which helps in treating and preventing fleas, ear mites, certain types of ticks in dogs and sarcoptic mange and helps in the prevention of heartworm. This product works best on puppies and dogs and at the same time it is suitable for breeds of dogs including lactating and pregnant queens.
- Eliminates adult fleas, eggs and larvae.
- Kills adult roundworms.
- Prevents heartworm.
- Treats sarcoptic mange.
- Gets rid of biting lice.
- Used as an effective strategy for flea allergy dermatitis.
- Helps in controlling existing flea infestation.
- Aids in curing ear mites.
- Choose the correct pipette according to the size of your dog.
- Make the pet stand uprightly and comfortably before administering.
- Open the pipette and place the tip on the bare skin spot. Then squeeze out the content.
- For puppies, one spot is enough while for medium or larger dogs 4-5 spots is required.
- After applying, allow it to dry.
- Should be given once a month or as advised by your vet.
|Dog Size||Administered Volume|
|5.5 lbs and below||0.25 ml|
|5.6 – 11 lbs||0.25 ml|
|11.1 – 22 lbs||0.5 ml|
|22.1 – 44 lbs||1 ml|
|44.1 – 88 lbs||2 ml|
|88.1 – 132 lbs||3 ml|
|Above 132 lbs||Appropriate combination of pipettes|
- Keep in a cool and dry place and away from children.
- Wash hands properly after using the product.
- Keep product away from heat, sparks, flames, etc because it is highly flammable.
- Apply on the skin surface only.
- After administration, wait for a couple of hours before bathing your pet.
- Safe for breeding, lactating and pregnant dogs.
- Not safe for puppies below 6 weeks.
- Not to be administered orally.
|Mode of Administration||Topical|
this is better alternative to flea pills
No more parasite issues with this product. Goes well all along. Happy for the treatment.
After a lifetime of owning dogs I have never found a tick and flea treatment quite like this spot-on. stronghold is wonderful!
Can't get better price than this. thanks canadavetexpress
Since I have started using Stronghold for our Stella, I haven’t seen a trace of flea dirt on her body. I will surely recommend it to my friends and family members.