Popantel AllWormer Tablets Dogs
One of the most popular allwormers – Popantel is an effective treatment for all types of gastrointestinal worms in dogs. The single dose treatment controls and treats various intestinal parasites including hookworms, whipworms, roundworms and tapeworms along with Hydatid tapeworms. One tablet for 10 kg works in eliminating worms and preventing intestinal worm infection in all breeds of dogs.
How does it work?
Popantel is made of three active ingredients - Praziquantel, Oxantel and Pyrantel Embonate. These three ingredients work in synergy to kill different types of intestinal worms. The overall effect of the product helps in paralyzing the internal system of parasites, and helps in eliminating the worms through the dog’s natural process. Thus, Popantel kills and controls intestinal worm infection in dogs. The regular treatment of this allwormer prevents re-infestation and keeps pets healthy, free from worms.
Tablet* - Sold per tablet.One tablet quantity does not mean one bottle.
- Popantel allwormer tablets are a mainstay product in treating all gastrointestinal worms.
- It treats and controls worms such as hookworms, roundworms, whipworms and tapeworms including Hydatid tapeworms.
- Popantel allwormer is easy to administer without any mess of topical treatment.
- This oral treatment is suitable for all breeds of dogs including old dogs, puppies as young as 2 weeks, greyhounds, working dogs, pregnant females, breeding bitches and stud dogs.
- The flavored tablet is quite palatable.
- Popantel is safe to use with other treatments like flea and tick treatment, heartworm preventives and vaccinations.
- Before starting treatment, weigh your dog.
- According to weight, treat your dog with appropriate sized tablet or combination of tablets.
- Popantel is a single dose to be given orally.
- Administer Popantel directly into the mouth or crush it and mix it with dog food.
- Ensure your pet takes the whole dosage.
- Fasting prior to dosage is not required.
|One tablet per 10 kg bodyweight is standard.|
|Round up the dosage to the nearest quarter tablet.|
For roundworms and hookworms:
For treating these worms, provide Popantel to puppies at 2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks, and continue the treatment once every 3 months.
For Hydatid tapeworms:
To treat Hydatid tapeworms in dogs, treat with Popantel every 6 weeks. During this treatment, do not feed them with offal.
Treat puppies every 6 to 8 weeks after 3 months of age.
For pregnant and lactating bitches:
Administer Popantel at mating, before whelping and then continue at an interval of 3 months.
For other worms:
Treat dogs with Popantel at an interval of 3 months regularly, which helps in protecting dogs from multiple intestinal infestations.
Popantel is available in two sizes.
- One 22 lbs tablet for puppies and dogs up to 22 lbs.
- One 88 lbs tablet for dogs up to 88 lbs.
- Dogs over 88 lbs and other weights are given a combination of the tablets.
Popantel for Dogs 1 tablet treats 10 kg
- Up to 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs) = 1/4 tab
- 2.5 to 5 kg (11 lbs) = 1/2 tab
- 5 to 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs)= 3/4 tab
- 7.5 to 10 kg (22 lbs) = 1 tab
- 10 to 20 kg (44 lbs) = 2 tab
- 20 to 30 kg (66 lbs) = 3 tab
- 30 to 40 kg (88 lbs) = 4 tab
Popantel for small dogs dosage should be rounded up to the nearest 1/4 tablet.
Popantel for Large Dogs 1 tablet treats 40 kg
- 30 to 40 kg (88 lbs) = 1 tab
- 40 to 60 kg (132 lbs) = 1 1/2 tab
- 60 to 80 kg (176 lbs) = 2 tab
Popantel for large dogs dosage should be rounded up to the nearest 1/2 tablet.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- It is safe to use in puppies as young as 2 weeks of age along with pregnant females, breeding and lactating dogs.
- Do not treat puppies less than 2 weeks of age.
- Never use in dogs or puppies allergic to any of the components of Popantel.
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredients||Praziquantel, Oxantel Embonate, Pyrantel Embonate|
|Brand Name||Popantel Allwormer|
Allwormer TabletsIts very easy for me to give these tablets to dog as it is small in size.
Flavored ChewThis flavoured chew is very helpful to prevent gastrointestinal worms.
Great ProductThe product works really well and effective for my furry friends. Would strongly recommned this.
WormerBest wormer to keep those bloody bugs at bay. Would highly recommned this