Droncit Dog Wormer
Droncit tablet is an anthelmintic used for treating immature and mature tapeworms that infect dogs. This single dose tablets to be administered orally are highly effective against tapeworms. It destroys most species of tapeworms infecting dogs.
How it works?
Droncit tablets contain praziquantel as the active ingredient. Being a cestocide, praziquantel destroys the parasite’s skin internally to disintegrate it into fragments. The disintegrated worm is removed from the pet’s immune system. The recommended dosage of praziquantel is 5 mg/Kg bodyweight.
- Effective against most species of tapeworms.
- Highly effective dewormer for puppies and dogs.
- Safe for pregnant and lactating dogs.
Droncit tablets are given as per the advice of the vet. Dosage varies with the weight of the dog. The ideal dosage is 1 tablet per 10 Kg bodyweight. Check dosage table for details.
Give it directly in the mouth. If the pet resists direct intake then mix with the food. No fasting required before administering the Droncit tablets.
|Dog Weight Kg||Number of tablets|
|2.5 - 5.0||½ tablet|
|6.0 – 10 Kg||1 tablet|
|11.0 – 20 Kg||2 tablets|
|21.0 – 30 Kg||2.5 tablets|
|>30 Kgs||Combination of tablets|
- Droncit tablets are safe to be given to pregnant and nursing female dogs.
- These tablets are given as a single dose.
- Administer as directed by the veterinarian.
- Do not overdose.
- Do not administer to unweaned puppies.
- Side effects are rare but may happen in case the pet is hypersensitive.
- Keep away from children.
- Wash hands after administering the tablets.
- Do not give to pets that weigh less than 2.5 Kg
- Do not administer to pets allergic to any of the ingredients of the tablet.
|Target species||Puppies and dogs weighing at least 2.5 Kg|
|Mode of administration||Oral|