Milbemax Worming Tablets for Dogs
Milbemax for dogs is a powerful monthly dewormer to protect canines from intestinal worms. This scientific proven formulation treats and controls various internal parasites including hookworms, tapeworms, whipworms and roundworms. One of its oral dewormers, Milbemax is effective in preventing heartworm infection also. Suitable for all breeds of dogs, it is safe for breeding dogs as well as pregnant and lactating females.
How does it work?
Milbemax contains two key ingredients Milbemycin oxime and praziquantel. The first ingredient Milbemycin oxime disrupts nerve transmission in intestinal parasites. Thus, helps in protecting dogs against hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and heartworms.
The other ingredient praziquantel causes muscle spasm in tapeworms, which then are attacked by enzymes and disintegrate. It kills all types of tapeworms except Spirometra spp. Thus, the unique formulation protects dogs from intestinal worm infection and prevents heartworm infection.
Kindly note that as Novartis is now part of Elanco, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- Milbemax for dogs controls and prevents intestinal worms along with heartworms.
- It prevents fatal heartworm diseases caused due to heartworms.
- Milbemax helps to protect dogs from different intestinal worms such as hookworms, whipworms, roundworms and tapeworms.
- Milbemax is an ultimate treatment for mixed infections caused by adult intestinal worms.
- This innovative formula prevents harmful diseases caused due to intestinal worm infection.
- The monthly dosage prevents heartworm infection.
- The tablet form makes it easy to administer in dogs.
- Minimum recommended dose rate: 0.5 mg milbemycin oxime and 5 mg praziquantel per kg
- Milbemax is given orally as a single dose.
- It is given one in a month to prevent heartworms and other intestinal worms.
- Administer the tablet with or after food.
Depending on the bodyweight of a dog, dosage is recommended as per the following table.
|Weight||MILBEMAX tablets for small dogs and puppies (0.5-5kg):||MILBEMAX tablets for dogs (5-25kg):|
2.5mg milbemycin oxime (dose range 0.5-5mg/kg)
25mg praziquantel (dose range 5-50mg/kg)
12.5mg milbemycin oxime (dose range 0.5-2.5mg/kg)
125mg praziquantel (dose range 5-25mg/kg)
|0.5 – 1 kg||½ tablet|
|> 1 - 5 kg||1 tablet|
|>5 – 10 kg||2 tablets||1 tablet|
|>10 – 25 kg||1 tablet|
|> 25 – 50 kg||2 tablets|
|> 50 – 75 kg||3 tablets|
- Treat puppies with Milbemax once every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age.
- Then once every three months for protection against intestinal worms
- Or once a month for added heartworm prevention, preferably on the same date.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Safe to be used in pregnant, breeding and lactating dogs.
- It is safe in puppies older than 2 weeks.
- Dogs should be tested for existing heartworms before starting treatment with Milbemax.
- Milbemax for dogs is not suitable for cats.
- Do not use the tablets for small dogs and puppies in dogs less than 2 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Do not use the tablets for dogs in dogs weighing less than 5 kg.
|Target species||Dogs and puppies|
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredients||milbemycin oxime, praziquantel|
|Manufacturer||Novartis / Elanco|
MilbemaxGreat results! I would recommend milbemax.
AwesomeOne of the best chew that I give to my dog to get rid of heartworms.
Effective ProductMy doggo never refuses to take this tabs. He takes it as a treat.
Very GoodWorked Great