Paragard for Dogs – Worm Control Treatment
Paragard is a broad spectrum wormer treatment for dogs. It is an effective oral treatment that helps in controlling major intestinal worms in dogs. One single dose treats worms including roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms. It is also helpful in eliminates hydatid tapeworms and prevents further infections. The easy to dose liver flavored tablet is highly palatable and has no known side effects. Safe for pregnant and lactating dogs, Paragard is also suitable for use in dogs and puppies above 2 weeks of age.
How Does It Work?
Praziquantel and Oxibendazole are the active ingredients present in Paragard tablets for dogs. The synergy of the ingredients helps in eliminating all types of major gastrointestinal worms in dogs. The anthelmintic property of Praziquantel kills flatworms including all types of tapeworms. While Oxibendazole treats and prevents roundworms and hookworms and whipworms.
- Treats four major intestinal worms
- Eliminates roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms
- Also helps in controlling hydatid tapeworms
- Protects dogs against severe worm infections
- Easy to administer oral treatment
- Fasting prior to dosing is not compulsory.
- Weigh your dog before starting the treatment.
- Administer orally as a single dose by mouth.
- A common regime for treatment is to worm puppies, according to weight, every 2 weeks of age from 2 weeks old until 12 weeks.
- Then monthly from 3 months until 6 months then every 3 months as an adult dog.
- Treat breeding dogs prior to mating then 10 days before whelping and 2 and 4 weeks after whelping.
- Keep out of reach of children and other animals.
- Wash hands after treatment.
- Safe to use in puppies above 2 weeks of age.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
|Mode of administration||Oral|
|Active Ingredient||Praziquantel, Oxibendazole|
|Manufacturer||Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim|
ParagardAffordable and effective product
Best choiceI always use this product to keep the worms away from my dog.
Best!Eliminates and control roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms. My dog is suffering from all and it really helps a lot.
Broad Worm ProtectionBroad-spectrum allwormer tablet that protect effectively against intestinal worms