Broadline Spot-on Solution for Cats
Broadline Spot-on Solution is the most comprehensive monthly parasite control spot-on formula for felines. This spot-on product is used to treat and prevent flea and tick infestations, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms all in one single treatment. It prevents flea bite hypersensitivity by flea control and kills newly acquired fleas within 8 to 24 hours. It also prevents flea eggs from hatching along with heartworm disease prevention for a month. It is recommended for kittens and cats at least 8 weeks of age.
How it works?
This spot-on treatment contains four active ingredients namely: Fipronil, (S)- methoprene, Eprinomectin and Praziquantel. Fipronil is a broad use insecticide that cuts off the flea and tick central nervous system by blocking GABA-gated chloride channels and glutamate-gated chloride (GluCl) channels, resulting in central nervous system toxicity. This causes hyper excitation of contaminated fleas and ticks' nerves and muscles. (S)-methoprene is an insect growth regulator that does not allow the immature stages of fleas & ticks to grow into adult fleas. Thus, it breaks the life cycle of fleas and ticks. Eprinomectin is an antiparasitic drug that counters infection by parasites including fleas, ticks, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. Praziquantel is an anthelmintic that is utilized for the treatment of tapeworms. When all these ingredients are combined; it results into total elimination of fleas, ticks, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms.
Kindly note that as Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim, the manufacturer’s name may differ on the product packs according to the stock availability.
- Kills newly acquired fleas within 8 to 24 hours
- Controls flea bite hypersensitivity by flea control
- Prevents flea and tick infestations, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms
- Recommended for cats and kittens at least 8 weeks of age
- Combines both internal and external parasite control in a single product
The recommended minimum doses are 10 mg/kg body weight for Fipronil, 12 mg/kg for (S)-methoprene, 0.5 mg/kg for eprinomectin and 10 mg/kg for praziquantel. Select the appropriate applicator size according to the weight of your cat.
Method of administration:
- Utilize a set of scissors to slice the blister on the dotted line and then pull the lid away
- Get rid of the applicator from the package and grasp it vertically
- Pull back the plunger slightly and then turn and force off the cap
- Divide the hair on the mid line of the neck, between the base of the skull and the shoulder blades until the skin is seeable
- Keep the tip of the applicator on the skin and then smear the whole content directly onto the skin in a single spot
- Ensure that the treatment does not enter the eyes of the cat. If it accidentally enters the eyes then flush the eyes thoroughly with water as the product can cause eye irritation and slight mucous membrane. If the irritation continues then contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Strictly for cat use only
- Never smoke, eat or drink while administering this spot-on treatment on felines
- After administering the treatment wash your hands properly with soap and water
- If any applicator is not used then store it in intact blister package
- Avoid contact of the applicator content with the fingers. If it happens wash it properly with soap and water
- Children and other pets should not be allowed to get near the treatment nor the treated pet till the application site dries out completely
- If your doggy is hypersensitive to any of the active ingredients present in the treatment then contact your veterinarian before using the product
- It is recommended that all cats 6 months or above living in areas endemic for heartworm, should be tested for prevailing adult heartworm infestation before being treated with the product for heartworm prevention
- A temporary clumping or spiking of the hair may be seen at the application site after treatment. Mild and transient skin reactions at the application site (itching, hair loss) may occur.
- If the cat licks the application site after treatment, temporary excessive salivation can be observed. Oral ingestion of the veterinary medicinal product may also result in vomiting and/or in transient neurological signs such as ataxia, disorientation, apathy and pupil dilation.
- The safety of this treatment has not been established during pregnancy and lactation
- Do not use this treatment in sick or convalescent cats
|Mode of administration||Topical|
|Active Ingredients||Fipronil, (S)-methoprene, eprinomectin and praziquantel|
|Manufacturer||Merial / Boehringer Ingelheim|
I have researched many online and offline shops but could not have better rates than this. Best shop to save more on pet products! Must try this amazing shop for all your pet supplies.
Best and effective spot-on treatment for flea and tick control. Go for it!
No other product works as effectively as this. Really a worthy product!
It works well to eliminate fleas as well as helps to control the flea population.
Recommended by my vet and it is working very effectively.