Broadline Spot-on Solution for Cats
Broadline Spot-on Solution is the most comprehensive monthly parasite control spot-on formula for felines. This spot-on product is used to treat and prevent flea and tick infestations, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms all in one single treatment. It prevents flea bite hypersensitivity by flea control and kills newly acquired fleas within 8 to 24 hours. It also prevents flea eggs from hatching along with heartworm disease prevention for a month. It is recommended for kittens and cats at least 8 weeks of age.
How it works?
This spot-on treatment contains four active ingredients namely: Fipronil, (S)- methoprene, Eprinomectin and Praziquantel. Fipronil is a broad use insecticide that cuts off the flea and tick central nervous system by blocking GABA-gated chloride channels and glutamate-gated chloride (GluCl) channels, resulting in central nervous system toxicity. This causes hyper excitation of contaminated fleas and ticks' nerves and muscles. (S)-methoprene is an insect growth regulator that does not allow the immature stages of fleas & ticks to grow into adult fleas. Thus, it breaks the life cycle of fleas and ticks. Eprinomectin is an antiparasitic drug that counters infection by parasites including fleas, ticks, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. Praziquantel is an anthelmintic that is utilized for the treatment of tapeworms. When all these ingredients are combined; it results into total elimination of fleas, ticks, biting lice, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms.
The recommended minimum doses are 10 mg/kg body weight for Fipronil, 12 mg/kg for (S)-methoprene, 0.5 mg/kg for eprinomectin and 10 mg/kg for praziquantel. Select the appropriate applicator size according to the weight of your cat.
Method of administration:
- Utilize a set of scissors to slice the blister on the dotted line and then pull the lid away
- Get rid of the applicator from the package and grasp it vertically
- Pull back the plunger slightly and then turn and force off the cap
- Divide the hair on the mid line of the neck, between the base of the skull and the shoulder blades until the skin is seeable
- Keep the tip of the applicator on the skin and then smear the whole content directly onto the skin in a single spot